Hi, How Can We Help You?

Monthly Archives: October 1, 2016

Injunction Against Harassment

An Injunction Against Harassment is similar in purpose to that of an Order of Protection.  The distinguishing difference is that there is not a specific relationship requirement between the parties.  Should you be the victim of harassment, threats, intimidation, assault, etc. than an Injunction of H...

Read More

Order of Protection

An Order of Protection or “Restraining Order” should be granted upon finding by a judicial officer that domestic violence has taken place and the abuser stands in certain relation to that of the victim. Conduct that may be considered domestic violence include but are not limited to:

Postmarital (postnuptial) Agreement

A postmarital agreement is an agreement made after two parties are married. Unlike premarital agreements, postmarital agreements are not governed by the Arizona Uniform Premarital Agreement Act.  However, they often serve the same purpose.  A properly executed postmarital agreement will often dictat...

Read More

Premarital (prenuptial) Agreement

The Arizona Uniform Premarital Agreement Act governs all forms of premarital agreements within the state of Arizona.  Since financial matters are often a leading cause of divorce, it may be a benefit to both parties to clearly identify their expectations in this regard before they are married. Utili...

Read More

Child Support Modification

A Petition to Modify Child Support can be instituted by either party (payor or payee of the child support obligation).  Common reasons for a modification of child support include but are not limited to:

  • Significant change in income
  • Significant change in circumstances
  • ...

    Read More

Child Support Calculation

[vc_row][vc_column css=".vc_custom_1488890386701{padding-right: 0px !important;padding-left: 0px !important;}"][vc_column_text]The amount of child support either parent pays is based on the Arizona Child Support Guidelines.  The Supreme Court of Arizona reviews these guidelines at least once every f...

Read More


A party may want seek to modify legal decision making, parenting time, or child support obligations.  Depending on the individual circumstances of every case, a modification of a court order may be deemed appropriate. This determination will often be made based on the “best interests of the child.” ...

Read More

Grandparents’ Rights/3rd Party Rights

Non-Parent Custody

In certain cases a non-parent such as a grandparent, relative, former stepparent, etc. may ask the court to grant custody/legal decision making of a minor child to them. In order to do so the non-parent will have to establish that he or she stands “In Loco Parenti...

Read More


When a child is born out of wedlock paternity must be established in order for the father to secure his parenting rights. A formal procedure typically involving the use of DNA testing will be required in order to establish the paternity of the father.  This process of establishing paternity can be i...

Read More


In certain situations, a custodial parent may want to move out of state with a child. Reasons for a relocation often involve job opportunities, to be closer to family, or other extenuating circumstances. Given the significant affect this would have on the noncustodial parent’s visitation and parenti...

Read More