To clarify, reasons for the termination of parental rights may include…
- Chronic or long-term illness or incapacitation of the parent
- Inability to provide for the needs of the child
- Incarceration or conviction of parent for a felony
- Disability due to addiction or continued substance abuse
- Ongoing neglect or abuse of child
Severance of parental rights can be either voluntary or involuntary. Even in the most amenable voluntary situations, though, there is extensive paperwork and important procedures to follow. It’s essential that you have an experienced legal advisor walking you through the process and ensuring that all of the important protections are in place. Contact Reppucci and Roeder for help with your case. Our first priority is the happiness and safety of your family.